Image of this issue
Text of other pages in this issue: 1 2
VOLUME X EUGENE, OREGON - MARCH 1950 NO. 3
At Suttle Lake Lodge
22-26 March '50
* Spend an exciting, enjoyable 5 days at one of Oregon's finest mountain chalets; Suttle Lake Lodge, situated at 5,000 feet elevation, on the shore of beautiful Suttle Lake. Easily reached by either the North or south Santiam Highways.
Ice Skate at Night on the lighted lake
Ski in Famous Hoodoo Bowl
* 10 minutes drive.
* 3 tows operating full time.
* Hoodoo Bowl Lodge lunch room.
* Ski Instructor Van Purdy, will be on hand.
* Finish a perfect skiing day in the deep powder of Hoodoo Bowl by riding the Blue Lake Trail (6 miles all downhill) to Suttle Lake.
* Ski Tour to the top of Hoodoo Butte (6,900) for breath-taking views and unexcelled ride (2½ miles) over vast, newly-cleared slopes.
* Ski Tours to Square Lake, Blue Lake, Round Lake and the ever-wonderful Three Fingered Jack, and it's multitudes of excellent slopes.
* Relax, spend your evenings at "Oregon's Country Club of Skiing"; Suttle Lake, in a warm, Chamonix Atmosphere.
* Dancing, harmony-singing, cards, games, in the panorama lounge.
* Evening snacks, toast marshmallows in the fireplace.
* Excellent opportunity to wear those "Ski-Lounge Clothes".
* Dine...overlooking the skating pond and lake.
* Cozy rooms in rugged, knotty pine, and warm, comfortable convenient dorms.
* Bring the children...They'll love it.
* Cheap!!! Live in luxury for a mere $3.80 (Meals Included) per day.
*Hiking, trips, drives, special features for those who do not ski.
The Winter Outing Committee extends a warm invitation to each and every one of you to spend a winter vacation with us in the high-country of the Cascades - with their snow in all it's winter glory, famous ski facilities, and hours and hours of fun for all. Invite a friend.
Please sign up at HENDERSHOTT'S on or before 15 MARCH or cal call Margaret Markley, 4-0716; Doris Sims, 4-9546; or Lloyd Gust, 5-1511, Ext. 381.
Copyright © 2000-010 Obsidians, Inc. Last Updated 7 Jun 2009
Email: Obsidians Email: Webmaster